- This retails at about €27 -34 for 50ml and Bliss is sold in Debenhams in Ireland or online at Asos or Debenhams online
- I really really like this!
- It’s a thick white cream, not a lotion and I don’t think this is suitable for all skin types as it claims, I think it’s certainly too rich for oily skin
- It takes a few minutes to sink into the skin completely
- On my dry skin it keeps it moisturised all day and I’m planning to buy another before I even finish this one
- AND it’s formulated without parabens and sulfates – synthetic dyes
- I don’t find it illuminates the skin as it claims but I really do love it and it has a great SPF in it
- It has dimethicone i.e. silicon fairly high up in the ingredients so it’s a good base for makeup
Bliss says:-Omegas 3, 6, 7 and 9: These plant-derived essential fatty acids support skin barrier function and help enhance skin repair to protect, hydrate, and smooth skin’s surface.
-Fruit-Derived Antioxidant Vitamins A, C, and E with Vitamin B5: These vitamins work synergistically for a powerful defense against aging the aging effects of free radical damage. Supports proper cell metabolism.
-Three Phytoneutrients From Tonka Beans: These dual-acting nutrients illuminate skin for a subtle glow while absorbing harmful UV light.
-Avobenzone, Homosalate, Oxybenzone: These sunscreens protect from both the aging effects of UVB radiation and the aging effects of UVA light.Ingredients:Water, PPG-3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Butylene Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cetyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, Diethylhexyl 2,6-Naphthalate, Lactobacillus/Dipteryx Odorata Seed Ferment Filtrate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, PEG-75 Stearate, Carbomer, Glycerin, Chlorphenesin, Ceteth-20, Steareth-20, 1,2-Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Ascorbic Acid Polypeptide, Sodium PCA, Urea, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Disodium EDTA, Pantothenic Acid/Yeast Polypeptide, Xanthan Gum, Fragrance, Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Polyquaternium-51, Trehalose, Tocopherol/Wheat Polypeptides, Saccharomyces/Copper Ferment, Saccharomyces/Iron Ferment, Saccharomyces/Magnesium Ferment, Saccharomyces/Silicon Ferment, Saccharomyces/Zinc Ferment, Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Macadamia Integrifolia Seed Oil, Lecithin, Litchi Chinensis Pericarp Extract, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Methylisothiazolinone, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Root, Retinyl Palmitate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Triacetin, Tropolone, Benzoic Acid, Lepidium Sativum Sprout Extract, Mica, Titanium Dioxide.
It finally arrived !
- Fendi Fan Di Fendi EDT 4ml – such a cute bottle!
- Ojon Restorative Hair Serum 25ml – smells lovely
- Erno Laszlo The Hollywood collections 5 piece cream set – sachet sample of morning beauty rescue, refresh moisture infusion, instant eye repair, intensive porcelain veil, velvet night cream – all about 3ml or so
- Burberry Miniature lip cover Rosewood no 4 0.8g
- Clarins extra firming body cream 30ml
- 20% off Harrods.com until 23rd March – I missed this because my box arrived so late
- There’s also a cute Harrods magazine about skin care
Overall this is a nice box, I got a dispatch email weeks ago and then they rang me to explain there was an issue with the Irish labels & they were sending another. I think the Erno Laszlo samples are great as you get to try several products, the Burberry lipstick is in a really cute case but I don’t really like the color being honest. I’ll review all the stuff to come, out of all the other options I guess I wished I’d gotten slightly different stuff but it’s nice overall as I said…
- Soltan Face Moisturising Suncare Cream SPF50+ 50ml – about €10/11
- This is a light formula white cream that sinks in quickly
- I don’t find it leaves a white cast and causes no problems during the day
- I layer it over my moisturizer for my dry skin, however oily / combination skin could probably just use this alone
Swatches taken from: http://devucosmetics.com/blog/swatch-sleek-palette/
- I am in love with this palette! 12 great shadows for £6.49 or about €10 from Beauty Emporium with free shipping
- The pigmentation is amazing & I think this is such a great palette for spring
- As always from Sleek – the pigmentation is strong, wear time is good with a little creasing (no primer)
- I do advise a primer to get the best out of these – when used with a primer they stay put perfectly
- There may be some fall out with the darker colors so be careful of that
- Good mix of mattes and shimmers & the black from Sleek is one of my all time fave blacks (…I think I even love it a little more than MAC Carbon)
- 10.5g for about £6.50 / about €9/10 on www.beautyemporium.ie
- This has a definite shimmer in the powder which can look a bit scary in the pan especially in day light, this however does blend out so it’s not like a highlighter
- I found 01 much too dark when I applied it with the powder puff it comes with, way too dark – I’m a NARS Mont Blanc / MAC NW 15/20
- When I dusted it on with the Sam Chapman Real Techniques blush brush I liked the effect and it doesn’t completely matte the face but does give a little extra coverage & set the foundation nicely
- After several hours of wear my skin looked a bit dewy – but I liked the effect and didn’t feel the need to re-powder at all during the day so overall I was impressed with it
- 4 colors to choose from ranging from 01 to very dark
- SPF 15 which is great & well suited to dry skin
1. What is one product that makes you feel like a million dollars?
Anything from Chanel I guess, I love a lot of their products & really like the packaging, same with some Dior products. I love using my Dior Rose Diamond highlighter as the final touch when I’m going out
2. What is your skincare secret? / A passed down skin care tip
Regular facials & using good skin care
3. Share your hair care secret?
Dry shampoo & leave in conditioner after regular conditioner & Moroccan oil as a treatment
4. What is your biggest diet rule?
Never eat McDonald’s or KFC because they do mean things to chickens and that’s a fact, youtube or google it to see but it’ll never taste the same once you know…
5. Any workout tips?
Running gives you wrinkles & is bad for the skin on your body in general!
6. Which perfume is your secret weapon?
Tom Ford Neroli Portofino
7. Show us a clothing item of yours which always turns heads
This is a tough one, some Guess shoes that I love often get comments, the heels are about 7 inches but oddly enough they’re my most comfortable pair of heels I own :)
8. What is your most treasured piece of jewellery?
Some earrings from my a friend I love them and wear them a lot
9. Who is your style crush?
Kate Moss, The Olsen twins & Rachel Zoe
10. Tell us something we don’t know about you
I read this blog every day can’t live without it http://beaut.ie/blog/ :)
- 197ml for €27.46 / $34 / £20 – this is currently 30% off on the Debenhams website
- 2 in 1 cleanser & exfoliator with rosehips, chamomile & passion flower
- This has a fine grain in that exfoliates as well as cleanses & leaves the skin feeling smooth & refined
- Pleasant smell – fruity & it doesn’t leave my dry skin feeling tight
- One pump & a thorough massage isn’t always enough to all eye makeup but overall I like it
- This contains SLS which is my only downside, it’s a good shower cleanser I think
Here are some of my fave pink lipsticks & glosses
- MAC Viva Glam Gaga, Creme Cup, Saint Germain & Fuschia Fix SPF 15 lip balm, Baby Sparks Dazzleglass
- No 7 Brigitte & Blooming Pink
- Urban Decay Love Child
- Revlon 011 matte
- Dior Addict High Shine 374
- Rimmel 006 Pink Blush
- Barry M 62
- Inglot 418 – matte formula, very drying
- Guerlain Kiss Kiss Baby 261 – the packaging on this wore really badly
- YSL – Sheer Candy 3
- Lip glosses: Clarins Eclat Minute, Ciate Ibiza, Stila Grape fruit & Fantasy, Barry M – no name / number on packaging