- Use a cream based cleanser not a foaming wash e.g. Lancome Confort range or Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish
- Use a gentle toner that doesn’t have alcohol listed in the ingredients, Rosewater based toners – they are usually pink, Lancome, Decleor & Boots No 7 all do gentle toners or just buy a 500ml bottle of Rosewater at your local pharmacy for about €5
- A couple of times a week try to use a hydrating mask e.g. Boots No 7 Whipped hydration mask, Avene have a good hydrating mask for about €16, Dermalogica multivitamin power recovery mask is about €40
- Mild exfoliation about twice a week can help dislodge flakey skin
- It’s a great idea to layer facial oils under moisturizer – Trilogy oil – €20 is rick thick lotion reviewed here https://phaedria.wordpress.com/2011/02/20/trilogy-certified-organic-rosehip-oil/ , Sanctuary Therapist Secret Facial oil is about €26 for a 50ml bottle & I really do like this, Decleor Neroli Oil is €63 and has a drier texture but is great as well, Clarins Face Treatment Oil is great as well and smells amazing it’s €41.50 for 40ml
- Moisturizers I have found great for dry skin are; La Roche Posay Nutritic 5% €16, Avene Rich Compensating Cream €30, Dr Nick Lowe hydration range – all around €30, Elemis Pro Collagen Marine range €84-€100 price range
- And if you still need more try layering a balm over your oil & moisturizer at night time – e.g. Decleor Essential Balm range or Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream, a tick rich balm can be amazing in the winter for dry, sore skin
Finally, use a moisturizing & maybe light reflecting or luminous finish foundation – some great options are; Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua, Chanel Vitalumiere, YSL Radiant Touch Foundation, Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation, Rimmel Recover, Bobbi Brown have a new moisturizing foundation as do Laura Mercier – both are lovely, MAC Mineralize Foundation, MAC studio sculpt, Bourjois Healthy Mix and Healthy Mix serum – Chanel own Bourjois & their foundations get rave reviews so it’s well worth a try if you’re looking for something in the €10-15 price range.