- Chanel Vita Lumiere Aqua foundation B20
- NARS Sheer Glow – Mont Blanc
- Caudalie Moisture Quench Serum from Glossy Box – really liking this
- Bliss Fabulous Face Cream SPF 15
- Benefit Georgia Face Powder (discontinued I think) thank you Roisin for giving it to me – this is giving my Chanel loose powder a run for its money
- Too Faced Primed & Poreless Primer
- No 7 Nude Lip pencil -I finally love this, it’s lovely under gloss & gives nice definition
- Stila SPF 15 Bronzer
- Trilogy Organic Rosehip Oil
- My boots shower puff again this month – amazing mild exfoliator
- NARS Orgasm – I often come back to this, really enjoying it again
My ethos on handbag beauty is to keep relatively inexpensive products in it in case I ever lose my handbag. In two little bags I keep all the items I’ll need through out the day.
- Small deodrant
- Hand sanatizer
- Lush charity pot of hand cream – I actually hate the smell tbh
- Burt’s Bees passion fruit lip blam
This is the make-up bag I keep in my handbag from Too Faced.
- MAC Blot Powder in medium dark
- Clarins Eclat Minute
- MAC Lip Gloss in Dreamy – hate this and trying to use it up
- Cargo Las Vegas Lip gloss – from GB – threw in all the small glosses in the vain hope I’d use them up
- Duwop venom lip gloss in buttercup – again fom GB
- Urban Decay junkie lip gloss in Midnight Cowboy
- No 7 20 nude lip liner – I like this a lot more now
- Collection 2000 eyebrow pencil
- Very small MAC Smoulder pencil
- ELF bronzing brush – incapable of anything except a sweep of powder under the eyes but it was only about €2.50
- Calvin Klein Sheer beauty perfume sample, Serge Lutens Vitroil d’aeillet & Serge Lutens Eau de Parfum – these do come in handy as I hate to carry a full size bottle of perfume so I just keep putting in samples
- Ojon Hair Restorative Oil – Amazing!
- Catwalk by Tigi volumizing shampoo & conditioner – smells incredible
- Tigi Pro Tools round hair brush
- NARS Sheer Glow foundation in Mont Blanc
- MAC Sheen Supreme lipstick in Gotta Dash – a lovely peach that’s so on trend
- Fave eye make up combination: Estee Lauder Stay in place cream shadow in Antiqued with MAC Paradisco on top & Coffee eye khol on the water line
- No 7 BB cream for dry skin in fair
- Boots shower puff for €2.90 – love this & it acts as a mild exfoliator too
- Body Shop Clementine Purée body moisturiser
- MakeBelieve Bronzing Palette
- MAC Select Moisture Cover concealer in NW20
- Roger & Gallet Fleur d’Osmanthus Candle
I’ll add a picture later with all the products together :)
Other faves: Smash from NBC is still my favourite show, it’s fantastic. Best blogs at the moment are http://www.britishbeautyblogger.com/ & http://beaut.ie/blog/ which I check every day. Also loving my new purple high top Converse & the new yoga class I’m taking – heated yoga rocks!
Going down: Mad Men!
Ages ago, I remember a makeup artist saying that they liked to use a tinted moisturiser as a base (on good skin) with MAC studio sculpt foundation as the concealer – at the time I found this utterly ridiculous.
However, I’ve been really preferring a much lighter base recently and I love this combination at the moment. I use the No 7 BB cream all over and then with the Jemma Kidd foundation brush I use some of the Studio Sculpt under my eyes and on my cheeks and that’s my base. It’s amazing! I have found this combination great and it has plenty of staying powder. If you have dry skin like me this is a great option as both formulas are moisturizing and easy on the skin.
This is ideal to achieve a “no-makeup” and make sure to really blend the products into your skin & use the foundation sparingly only where you need it – as well as looking natural this combination offers a good solid SPF coverage for the day.
- No 7 BB Cream for dry skin in fair with MAC Studio Sculpt foundation NW20 as a concealer
- Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua B20 – having tan on renewed my love for this
- The two pink colors in the Sleek Oh So Special palette
- Bronzers: Make Believe Bronzing Palette & Illumine de Chanel
- Chanel loose powder & Sleek Luminous presses powder
- Stila lip gloss in tutti fruti & Clarins lip nude perfecter
- Bliss Fabulous Face lotion SPF15
- Bliss Fabulous every day eye cream
- Rituals Yogi Flow – nearly at the end of this :(
- Primers: Smashbox Photo Finish & Too Faced Primed and Poreless – never liked these until now but if you have dry patches it completely smooths them over so foundation doesn’t cling to them
- I couldn’t pick a blush this month, I wasn’t particularly loyal to any of them except peachy keen for a bit and then I was switching most day
- Ojon instant hair restorative serum – love the smell of this and it’s amazing
Here are some of my fave pink lipsticks & glosses
- MAC Viva Glam Gaga, Creme Cup, Saint Germain & Fuschia Fix SPF 15 lip balm, Baby Sparks Dazzleglass
- No 7 Brigitte & Blooming Pink
- Urban Decay Love Child
- Revlon 011 matte
- Dior Addict High Shine 374
- Rimmel 006 Pink Blush
- Barry M 62
- Inglot 418 – matte formula, very drying
- Guerlain Kiss Kiss Baby 261 – the packaging on this wore really badly
- YSL – Sheer Candy 3
- Lip glosses: Clarins Eclat Minute, Ciate Ibiza, Stila Grape fruit & Fantasy, Barry M – no name / number on packaging
Because of my eye infection, I decided to deep clean all the brushes I remember using in the last few days so here’s a pic of some of my brush collection drying. Brands are; MAC, Sam Chapman, Jemma Kidd, The body shop foundation brush (lives up to the hype), Sephora, Sigma, Bare Essecentuals & No 7. Will update soon with a proper pic of my full brush collection :)
- Use a cream based cleanser not a foaming wash e.g. Lancome Confort range or Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish
- Use a gentle toner that doesn’t have alcohol listed in the ingredients, Rosewater based toners – they are usually pink, Lancome, Decleor & Boots No 7 all do gentle toners or just buy a 500ml bottle of Rosewater at your local pharmacy for about €5
- A couple of times a week try to use a hydrating mask e.g. Boots No 7 Whipped hydration mask, Avene have a good hydrating mask for about €16, Dermalogica multivitamin power recovery mask is about €40
- Mild exfoliation about twice a week can help dislodge flakey skin
- It’s a great idea to layer facial oils under moisturizer – Trilogy oil – €20 is rick thick lotion reviewed here http://phaedria.wordpress.com/2011/02/20/trilogy-certified-organic-rosehip-oil/ , Sanctuary Therapist Secret Facial oil is about €26 for a 50ml bottle & I really do like this, Decleor Neroli Oil is €63 and has a drier texture but is great as well, Clarins Face Treatment Oil is great as well and smells amazing it’s €41.50 for 40ml
- Moisturizers I have found great for dry skin are; La Roche Posay Nutritic 5% €16, Avene Rich Compensating Cream €30, Dr Nick Lowe hydration range – all around €30, Elemis Pro Collagen Marine range €84-€100 price range
- And if you still need more try layering a balm over your oil & moisturizer at night time – e.g. Decleor Essential Balm range or Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream, a tick rich balm can be amazing in the winter for dry, sore skin
Finally, use a moisturizing & maybe light reflecting or luminous finish foundation – some great options are; Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua, Chanel Vitalumiere, YSL Radiant Touch Foundation, Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation, Rimmel Recover, Bobbi Brown have a new moisturizing foundation as do Laura Mercier – both are lovely, MAC Mineralize Foundation, MAC studio sculpt, Bourjois Healthy Mix and Healthy Mix serum – Chanel own Bourjois & their foundations get rave reviews so it’s well worth a try if you’re looking for something in the €10-15 price range.
Here’s a quick look at my foundation collection; I always love reading posts on other peoples collection so I thought I’d share mine! The main ones I use at the moment are; Vitalumiere Aqua, Rimmel Wake me up & MAC & the No 7 BB cream.
- Chanel Pro Lumiere 30, Vitalumiere Aqua B20, Illumine de Chanel
- Pixi primer
- MAC studio sculpt NW20
- Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation – in the lightest shade
- Urban Decay Surreal Skin mineral foundation, UD Razor Sharp finishing powder, UD finishing spray
- YSL perfect touch foundation in 2 colors 4 & 6 & skin perfecting primer
- Smashbox original primer, smashbox line & pore primer
- Benefit Confessions of a Concelaholic kit
- No 7 BB cream – fair
- Revlon Color Stay – burried in the back
- Bare Minerals mineral veil & 2 foundation colors
- Elizabeth Arden Mousse Bronzer
- Laura Gellar Spackle Primer trio
- Too Faced small size primed & poreless
- Samples in the bottom from; Laura Mercier, Estee Lauder, Shiseido, Armani, Elizabeth Arden, Clinique, Chanel & MAC
Empty contact lens cases make great sample pots – a lot of places if you’re not a regular are slow to give samples so clean out an old one & ask would they mind giving you a sample. I recommend trying a foundation for at least five days to make sure you see over a few days how it wears & that it doesn’t break you out or negatively affect your skin. Out of all those samples in the bottom – probably seven or eight of them, there’s only one I plan to buy so it just shows you!
The entire No 7 Range seems to have undergone a re-vamp! And there seems to be a lot of new products under the umbrella of “Beautiful Skin” along with the old steadies in there too. I haven’t tried any of the skin care as I’m devoted wholly to Elemis & Liz Earl at the moment but I wanted to rave about the BB cream.
My foundations need to watch out as this could well replace them on low maintenance days. This is a good option if you want to try a BB cream that’s good quality & don’t want to splurge on MAC, Clinique or Smashbox – everyone has a BB cream these days & even better if you have a €7.50 voucher.
- About €15.50 for 40ml (10ml more than standard size tinted moisturizers /foundations)
- Mine is in the color fair & I’m an NW 15/20 and I have to say this matches & blends perfectly
- I like the coverage a lot, it’s light with leaves the skin with a nice glow & has just enough coverage to wear alone
- The color is lovely, it doesn’t have the orange tint of the Garnier BB cream & has far better ingredients than its sister BB cream from the No 17 range
- SPF 15 and a UBA filter, I wish the SPF was a bit higher to be honest, the Asian BB creams are all 50+
- It wore well over time in hot conditions & I suggest a tiny bit of powder to keep it in place if you want it to go the distance – this really is optional though as it does wear very well & I didn’t get a lot of shine though
- What I love about this is that you get a decent level of light coverage that looks like real skin, none of that made up face look